Floral embroidery, butterfly mesh fabric, long red Qipao
Please measure yourself and compare with our size chart under each item to find the right size for you.
● Please measure 2-3 times to be sure and record in centimeters.
● We strongly recommend that you have your measurements taken by a professional tailor.
● For custom orders, please wear the bra and shoes you plan to wear to ensure accurate measurements.
● Please measure where needed according to custom order guide or tailoring service guide.
Please let us know your basic information:
Your height (cm), height of your shoes (cm), your weight (kg), your typical bra size.
How to Measure:
Wrap the measuring tape around the fullest part of your bust and center the tape on your back so it's leveled all the way around. Wear a bra while measuring if you plan on wearing one with the dress!
Measure around the natural waistline. ( Find the natural crease by bending to one side).
Feet together, measure around the fullest part.
4. Qipao length ( Shoulder to Hem )
Stand upright and measure from the midpoint of your shoulder straight down over the fullest part of bust measure to where you’d like the hem to end.
5. Shoulder width
If you lift up your arms, where your shoulder joint indents are where the measurement should start. You can also wear a fitted t-shirt and measure from one shoulder seam to the other.
6.Shoulder to Apex
Measure from the midpoint of your shoulder down to the middle of your bust.
7.Apex to Apex
Measure the distance between the two apex points with measuring tape parallel to the floor.
8. Shoulder to Waist
Measure from where the neck meets the shoulder, over the fullest part of the bust, to where the narrowest part of the waist sits.
9. Back ( Back Armpit to Armpit )
Measure the distance between your two armpits on your back.
Measure from the top outside edge of the shoulder down around armpit (360 degrees).
Measure 360 degrees around the widest part of your biceps. Keep your arm relaxed.
Please pay close attention to the chart below each Qipao as different designs and different fabrics come in different sizes. The standard size in China is different from other countries, it is smaller.
Please email us if you need assistance with sizing and we'll be more than happy to help!
If you need more help in choosing your size, please read: Size Guide
If you need tailoring service, please order: Tailor service
If you need a custom Qipao, please check out our Customize collection.
Here are Some tips for taking care of your beautiful Qipao dresses.
For Regular Qipao dresses :
If you don’t have time to hand-wash your regular suede fabric, composite lace, velvet, satin, or artificial tea silk Qipao dresses, then please place the regular Qipao into a thick mesh bag ( wash bag) before putting it in a washer. Please make sure the water is tap cold/cold then chose light wash. Finally, please air dry it.
For mulberry silk Qipao dresses :
1) Mulberry silk can’t be washed with soap, washing powder, liquid detergent. Silk will fade when it encounters alkaline chemicals. Avoid soaking. Never use a hard brush or vigorously rub. It is recommended to use shower gel and cold water to hand-wash, and rub gently. It is recommended to air dry.
2) It is okay to dry-clean mulberry silk qipao too.
For Cotton or Linen Qipao dresses / Tang suits:
1) If you don’t have time to hand-wash your cotton and linen Qipao or Tang suits, please place them into thick mesh bags ( wash bags ) before putting it in a washer. It is highly recommended to use tap cold/cold water to wash cotton and linen material items. Avoid prolonged soaking. Never use a hard brush or vigorously rub. Use bleach-free detergent to avoid fading. It is recommended to air dry.
2) It is okay to dry-clean cotton and linen qipao too.
Finally, please make sure to divide the qipao into deep and light colors and wash it separately.
The feeling of a Qipao is dignified, elegant, rich, swaying and full of style. The image of Shanghai women wearing Qipao in the last century has been deeply imprinted in the memory of countless women who pursued elegance, nobility and fashion.
The best way to contact us!
24/7 Email Support, we'll get back to you as soon as we can!
In Store Live Chat
8:00 AM-10:00 PM (Hawaii time zone)
Custom fit was perfect
Beth & Brian were very quick to respond via text message. I had asked if the sleeve on the qipao could be customized to a short sleeve rather than the in-between length as shown in the photo on the model. They told me that the factory said yes it could be done and I sent all the proper measurements with more detail than asked for because my sister works in fashion and knew what ito provide for best fit. When I received the dress (about 3 weeks after I placed my order) I was disappointed to see that the sleeve was not customized to be a shorter sleeve as requested. However, the fit of the dress overall was impeccable. It fit me so well, like a glove but lots of room to move and sit/ eat with ease. I let them know about the sleeve and they offered a 10% discount as a refund. I’ll have to look for a local tailor or ask my sister to help alter the sleeves shorter to my liking but overall I’m very satisfied with the customer service and custom fit of the qipao. Can’t wait to wear it for our wedding banquet!
Good quality Chinese dress
The experience has been great and am very impressed with the quality of the dress I ordered.
I loved my qipao and ordering experience with Beth and Brian Qipao. I ordered a custom size, and it fit perfectly to my measurements. The quality of the qipao was excellent. The team was also very quick to respond and helpful with my questions. Highly recommend them!