Rose pattern, Jacquard satin long Qipao/Cheongsam dress, retro dress
- The measurements in the size chart are based on clothes. Not your body measurements. So you will choose the size a little Larger (about 1'') than your body size. If any part of your body especially busts or hips at the upper end of the size range then please choose the next larger size range.
- If your measurements happen to be between two sizes, please choose the next bigger one.
|Size||Bust||Waist||Hips||Dress Length||Sleeve Length||Shoulder Width|
Please measure yourself and compare with our size chart under each item to find the right size for you.
● Please measure 2-3 times to be certain.
● For custom order customers please wear the undergarments and shoes that you plan to wear with the outfit to make sure the measurements are accurate.
How to Measure:
Wrap the measuring tape around the fullest part of your bust and center the tape on your back so it's leveled all the way around. Wear a bra while measuring if you plan on wearing one with the dress!
Measure around the natural waistline. ( Find the natural crease by bending to one side).
Feet together, measure around the fullest part.
4. Qipao length ( Shoulder to Hem )
Stand upright and measure from the midpoint of your shoulder straight down over the fullest part of bust. Measure to where you’d like the hem to end.
5. Shoulder width
If you lift up your arms, where your shoulder joint indents are where the measurement should start. You can also wear a fitted t-shirt and measure from one shoulder seam to the other.
6. Back ( Back Armpit to Armpit )
Measure the distance between your two armpits on your back.
Measure from the top outside edge of the shoulder down around armpit (360 degrees).
Measure 360 degrees around the widest part of your biceps. Keep your arm relaxed.
Measure 360 degrees around the base of your neck where a choker necklace would sit, with a finger added inside the tape for comfort.
Please pay close attention to the chart below each Qipao as different designs and different fabrics come in different sizes. The standard size in China is different from other countries, it is smaller.
Please email us if you need assistance with sizing and we'll be more than happy to help!
If you need more help in choosing your size, please read: Size Guide
If you need tailoring service, please order: Tailor service
If you need a custom Qipao, please check out our Customize collection.
Here are Some tips for taking care of your beautiful Qipao dresses.
For Regular Qipao dresses :
If you don’t have time to hand-wash your regular suede fabric, composite lace, velvet, satin, or artificial tea silk Qipao dresses, then please place the regular Qipao into a thick mesh bag ( wash bag) before putting it in a washer. Please make sure the water is tap cold/cold then chose light wash. Finally, please air dry it.
For mulberry silk Qipao dresses :
1) Mulberry silk can’t be washed with soap, washing powder, liquid detergent. Silk will fade when it encounters alkaline chemicals. Avoid soaking. Never use a hard brush or vigorously rub. It is recommended to use shower gel and cold water to hand-wash, and rub gently. It is recommended to air dry.
2) It is okay to dry-clean mulberry silk qipao too.
For Cotton or Linen Qipao dresses / Tang suits:
1) If you don’t have time to hand-wash your cotton and linen Qipao or Tang suits, please place them into thick mesh bags ( wash bags ) before putting it in a washer. It is highly recommended to use tap cold/cold water to wash cotton and linen material items. Avoid prolonged soaking. Never use a hard brush or vigorously rub. Use bleach-free detergent to avoid fading. It is recommended to air dry.
2) It is okay to dry-clean cotton and linen qipao too.
Finally, please make sure to divide the qipao into deep and light colors and wash it separately.
The feeling of a Qipao is dignified, elegant, rich, swaying and full of style. The image of Shanghai women wearing Qipao in the last century has been deeply imprinted in the memory of countless women who pursued elegance, nobility and fashion.
The best way to contact us!
24/7 Email Support, we'll get back to you as soon as we can!
Text Support : +1(518)412-2170
Sun-Fri: 8:00 am - 10:00 pm (Hawaii Time zone)
I ordered a size medium and did find the waist part to be a little loose, but of course every body has its own curves. Nothing a tailor can't fix. I love the quality of the qipaos and they look super cute!
The company was very easy to communicate with when I needed to return my item for a larger size. The material is very nice and the dress is lovely. I would suggest sizing up or doing a custom size to ensure the perfect fit.
This is exactly the cheongsam I have been looking for! I love the rose pattern, deep red color, unique button closures and quality silk material. The length is perfect and it fits like a glove. Delivery time was reasonable given the distance. Tip: definitely go by measurements rather than size label when finding the right size.
Great dress, soft material
Got one size up so I could have a tailor sew up the sides. It is a little looser but its a better fit for a tea ceremony with my family. Great quality dress.
Very beautiful, detailed dress. Shipping can use work
The dress is very beautiful and designed well. It doesn’t fit perfect so it does need alterations on the shoulders and bust area. It does have a slight slight give in terms of stretch. I can definitely dance in it. Beth and Brian Qipao customer service were very helpful in getting the right size ordered. They double checked my measurements when I did place my order. Shipping right now is kind of delayed with COVID but I did get express delivery and got it under the 12 day mark which is nice because I have time to get it altered before my event. The customer service they provide is timely, I always got an answer the next day. I just wish the tracking was a little easier because the tracking didn’t upload until about day 8 after the ship, so I went blind on where the dress was for a while. Some of them ship from China so I do understand. I would definitely order another dress from them. They’re very well priced too! I haven’t worn it to my event yet and already got lots of compliments from just the initial try on without alterations.